This is an opportunity for all genres from area bands to enjoy some friendly competition and gain publicity and prestige. The top ten entries and finals competition at Carfest will be judged by experts in the music industry. The event takes place on April 1, 2017, from noon to 4:00 p.m. during Carfest at the Expo Hall on the grounds of the Joe & Harry Freeman Coliseum.
- Grand prize for the People’s Choice award is a $2,500 prize package. Other prizes will be awarded for 1st ($1,500 prize package), 2nd ($1,000 prize package), and 3rd ($500 prize package) place bands.
- Entries will be accepted until midnight, January 31st. You may submit up to two songs for consideration in either audio or video (ex. YouTube) format by files or links via email to email@example.com. All bands submitting entries will be notified by February 7th.
- Bands will be judged on the following criteria: audience favorite/participation (People’s Choice), musicality (skill level), stage presence, preparation (of performance) and originality.
- The Battle of the Garage Bands is part of the two-day Carfest 2017 event, held at the Expo Hall on April 1 & 2, 2017. The event is free to the public.
Bands and those interested can download the event flier here.
- Iron King Stag
- Razor Doves
- Celeste’al Descent
- Another Side Another Story
- Even In Death
- Eyes of Another
- Dirty White Horse
- My Farewell
- Emmerson Biggins